Delivery & Returns
EMPIRE TAPES PLC GOODS RETURNS POLICY
If you are not happy with any of the goods, or they are faulty when you receive them, all you have to do is return them in the condition they were supplied, within 7 days of receipt. The return postage will have to be paid by you the customer. On receipt of the goods we will refund the purchase price of the items.
You must return the goods to Empire Tapes PLC at your own expense. Note that if you fail to take reasonable care of the goods, Empire Tapes PLC reserve the right not to accept their return and your payment will not be refunded. As the goods are your responsibility until they reach us, we cannot be held responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit, therefore, we recommend that you pack them carefully and obtain a proof of despatch. Your statutory rights are not affected.
A restocking charge will normally be charged on goods ordered correctly by customers, but subsequently returned.
We cannot, under any circumstances, make refunds for goods made to order or to specific customer requirements. If you would like to discuss the exchange or return of any item, please email our customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or
telephone on: 01709 768300, any time between 9:00am and 5:00pm Mon-Fri.
- Payment Terms. Payment shall be made in full before shipment of goods. (except on approved credit accounts. Details of credit facilities are available on request).
- The acceptance of any order is based on our terms and conditions of supply.
- All correspondence should be addressed to:
Empire Tapes PLC
- Passing of title and risk (credit accounts). The risk in the goods shall pass to you on delivery. All goods delivered or not remain our property until payment is received in full. Until payment is received you shall retain such goods separately from other goods and clearly mark them in such a way that they can be readily identified as being our property and any payment received by you for any sale of such goods must be held in a separate account in trust for us. In the event of non payment by you for such goods we will, without loss of any rights or remedy, remove from your possession those goods belonging to us in accordance with these conditions and we shall be entitled to enter upon the property where the goods are stored and repossess and remove the same. You hereby grant us irrevocable licence to enter your premises for the said purposes.
- Products. We reserve the right to alter any details or design of products illustrated without notice and while every effort is made to describe goods accurately on our website, no warranty is given as to accuracy and no responsibility will be accepted for error or misdescription and any resulting loss.
- Quotation and Contracts. Orders are accepted subject to our right to adjust prices quoted to take account of any changes in the law or Government regulation requiring us to increase prices by way of direct taxation, import duties, customs and excise duties or otherwise. The prices are based on today’s current costs of production and in the event of any increase in costs of materials to us occurring after the confirmation or accepted contract, we shall be entitled to charge such increases to you.
- Prices. Prices are correct as at March 2011 and supersede all previous prices quoted. Prices quoted are in £ Sterling and include VAT where applicable.
Deliveries will normally be made by either Royal Mail Recorded Delivery (consignments under 1Kg) or TNT UK couriers. (Subject to geographical location).
All consignments sent using TNT UK couriers will be sent on a Next Day Service, which normally arrives next business day between 9:00 and 18:00.
The delivery will require a signature. Should the delivery fail because a signature could not be obtained, the company (TNT UK) will usually leave a card requesting alternative delivery time instructions.
Items will not normally be left without a signature, or in customer designated places in or around the building. (i.e. In the greenhouse or leave with neighbour if not in).
Deliveries made by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery service will also normally be made the next business day. However, at times of heightened activity (Christmas & Bank Holidays etc.) both TNT UK and Royal Mail might invariably suffer delays with some deliveries. Empire Tapes PLC can not be held liable for official strike action by Royal Mail or any other postal service; we will always do our best to get your goods delivered as quickly as possible.
It should also be noted that Empire Tapes PLC will not be liable in any way for delays encountered in the receiving of goods.
ORDER CUT-OFF TIMES
Orders received before 11:00am will normally be despatched same day. Internet orders taken during weekend periods (Sat-Sun) will be treated as Monday orders. Except any Bank Holiday periods, when the next working day will be treated as the shipping day.
EXCLUSIONS TO STANDARD CHARGE DELIVERY RATES
Orders to Scottish Highlands, Ireland (including N.I) & The Channel Islands - are charged at a Higher Rate and will be subject to quotation prior to despatch.
Orders over £100.00 (inclusive of VAT) are free of delivery charges. All prices are subject to fluctuation due to factors beyond the Company’s control.
- Delivery. Every effort will be made to deliver on time, but any delivery day specified is a best estimate and no liability is accepted for any loss arising from delay or error in the delivery of the goods.
- Delivery of goods made by third party companies (Couriers etc.) and Royal Mail are outside the control of Empire Tapes PLC. No claim for compensation will be entered into for failure to deliver by these or any other method of goods transport.
- Claims. Claims arising from damages, partial loss, quality or quantity must be made in writing to us; so as to reach us within 5 days of receipt of goods or such goods shall be deemed to comply with the terms of contract. You must examine all goods at the time of delivery. We shall not be liable for any loss arising from damage caused to the goods in transit unless loss or damage is noted on the delivery note at the time of delivery. Claims in respect of non-delivery must be made in writing as to reach us within 4 days from receipt of or invoice.
- Liability. Save in so far as defects in the goods cause death, injury or damage to personal property, our liability for any loss or damaged suffered by you in respect of the goods shall be limited to the contract value of the goods. This does not affect the rights of a consumer.
- Cancellation Charges. A charge will be made on all cancelled orders, together with the charge for all work carried out up to the date of written cancellation.
- Overdue Accounts. (Credit accounts only) No goods will be delivered on accounts, which remain unpaid after payment is due. Interest will be charged on overdue accounts, at the rate of 8% above the Barclays Bank PLC base rate from the date the account became due until payment is received. This does not prevent us from pursuing payment of overdue accounts at any time after payment becomes due and shall be in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights we may have against you. We reserve the right to charge you for any legal or collection charges where it is necessary to obtain payment from you of an overdue account through a third party or Court proceedings.
- Quantity changes to orders. Any changes in quantity ordered must be made in writing prior to commencement of processing. Any increase in the order must be regarded as a separate contract unless written notification is received before work commences on the original order.
- Force Majeure. We will not be held responsible for failure or delay in the carrying out of our obligations under the contract arising out of any cause outside our reasonable control or by inability to procure materials or articles except at higher prices due to any such cause and in such circumstances we shall be entitled by notice to terminate the contract in whole or in part without incurring any liability whatsoever to you. Empire Tapes PLC shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations in connection with any action described in this Agreement, if such failure results from any act of God, riot, war, civil unrest, flood, earthquake, or any other cause beyond such reasonable control (including any mechanical, electronic or communications failure).
- Company Logos. The products shown in this website are personalised to show the effect that can be obtained, but do not necessarily imply that the products have been supplied or endorsed by the owners of the trademarks featured.
This list of terms & conditions is not exhaustive and may be subject to change from time to time and is always subject to operational variances.
Empire Tapes PLC may from time to time send emails to clients who have already purchased from them. We will always give recipients the option to be removed from such lists, by way of an 'opt out' or unsubscribe message in the body of the email.